Sunday, July 17, 2011

July Spot Light

Karrie Eileen Alms


1. Where were you born? Where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in Covina, California. I was born in the hallway of the home in which I grew up on Friday the 13th.

2. How many brothers and sisters do you have? Where do you fit in oldest / youngest?
I have two older brothers and I am the youngest child.

3. If you have children, how many? Names and ages. If not at home where are they living now?
I am blessed to have seven children, all girls except for six. Aaron (20) is currently serving in the Philippine Olongapo Mission. My other six children are still at home, Andrew (19), Nathaniel (17), Zachary (15), Matthew (13), Peter (11) and Eliza (7).

4. What are some of the different places you have lived? Your favorite place? Why?
I have lived in California (Covina and Beverly Hills), Wisconsin (West Allis, Allenton and West Bend) and Illinois (Rockford and Peoria). I prefer the fours seasons of the Midwest. My favorite place to live is the current place as I like to bloom where I am planted by being involved at home, church and in the community.

5. Your favorite color?
Purple!

6. Your favorite food?
Marina Escamis' eggrolls!

7. What are some things that you enjoy doing?
I enjoy serving other people in ways that are meaningful to them. I also enjoy reading, sewing, crocheting, gardening (flower and food), drawing, making stained glass, being creative and and and .......

8. Share one of your most embarrassing moments.
I played varsity tennis during high school with cut out tennis shoes on both feet because I had ingrown toenails on both of my big toes. I refused to see a podiatrist because my older brother had the same condition and his feet were severely messed up and I did not want to have the same horrible experience. I eventually outgrew this painful condition.

9. Share something about you that no one would know about.
I would like to drive a race car.
Share a dream that you have, something you would like to do or see some day.
Spiritually, I would like to see all of my ancestors, family and posterity joined together in the celestial kingdom. Temporarily, I would like to see the Aurora Borealis.

10. Name a movie or book that best describes you or your life.
Pride and Prejudice (1995), specifically Eliza Bennett and now, The Little Princess (1995) because of my testimony that anything is possible with the Lord's help.

11. What are some of the callings you have had in the church? Which was your favorite? Why?
Visiting teacher, ward missionary, activities chairman, Cubmaster, R.S. chorister, R. S. President, R.S. teacher, ..... My favorite calling has been to be a visiting teacher because I have been able to make friendships and develop a deep testimony of how the Savior wants us to love and serve one another. To be able to serve another of our Heavenly Father's daughters in ways that are
meaning to that sister brings great joy to my heart.

12. Who is your favorite Latter-day Prophet and why?
Gordon B. Hinckley is my favorite Latter-day Prophet. I was able to see President Hinckley in person during the construction and dedication of the Nauvoo Temple. His enthusiasm and zest for life and serving the Lord and his people is simply infectious in a most uplifting manner. His can do attitude, looking for sunshine attitude help me to want to be positive as I journey through my
earthly life.

No comments:

Post a Comment